01 Dec Quick + Easy Raspberry Nice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
When I began to eat plant-based I was hesitant about ‘giving up’ some of my favourite foods, one of them being ice cream. Oh yes, I loved ice cream, I probably ate it about every day, ahem I may have eaten it before noon a few times. It’s intuitive right? So when I learned about banana nice cream I was intrigued by the idea. Part of me didn’t believe that it could be satisfying, I mean how do bananas compare to sugar and cream? Well let me say I fell in love and never looked back!
This recipe is so simple and guess what? You can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and feel great all day; no sugar hangover here.
This nice cream is:
& Perfect topped with any of your favourite toppings including chocolate sauce, peanut butter, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, mulberries, cookie dough, etc!
What do you like to top your nice cream with? Let me know what you think of this creation by leaving a comment below and share it on instagram. Tag your photos with #gillianelizabeth.
This recipe starts with frozen bananas.
Then add frozen raspberries.
Next, add a splash of coconut milk.
Mix in a blender. Top. Enjoy!
- 4 frozen bananas*
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 T unsweetened coconut milk
- Break frozen banana into pieces as you place into the blender; break them up as you put them in.
- Add raspberries in the blender.
- Pour in coconut milk.
- Turn blender on, slowly turn it up to full speed. Hold the base of the blender as you use the tamper to push down bananas and raspberries to mash into a creamy mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with your favourite toppings. Optional: top with chocolate sauce, cacao nibs, and frozen raspberries.